As discussed on my facebook page, here is a minor update to the F-14D which fixes some minor inaccuracies that were both annoying and easy to fix - also, I've been working with VRS to solve the Tacpack carrier navaids issue. There are still some annoying bugs here and there, but this release should be good for a more widespread distribution. Release notes are as follows:
October 27th, 2013
- fixed the AIM-7 mounting position for STA1B and 8B
- fixed the taileron animation
- improved the Lantirn pod material rendering
- fix the main landing gear animation speed
- added HUD indications for Tacpack-generated Tacans (the boat and the refueling tanker)
- added HUD indications for Tacpack-generated Carrier ILS (note ILS fequency is automatically tuned once the Tacan is tuned with NAV1 Radio)
Just to clarify the note on the carrier navaids, carriers in Tacpack are spawned with specifc, Tacpack driven Navaids (although they may have their own "embedded" in their mdl files). In the Tacpack "generic" implementation works as follows: the NAV1 active frequency should be tuned to the Tacpack Carriers TACAN equivalent frequency (MHz), while NAV2 should be tuned to the ILS frequency of the boat.
To make things a little easier in my implementation, you should tune NAV1 to the Tacpack Carrier TACAN, and then, if you are within 20 miles for the boat, NAV2 is automatically adjusted to the ILS frequency of the boat. Tacpack specific navaids will ONLY show in the HUD.
Download link to version 2.11 is HERE.